When it’s hot, it’s always really handy to have some ice-lollies in the freezer. These delicious mango and blueberry ice lollies are boosted with gut-friendly fibre and probiotic strains and contain zero refined sugar.
These gorgeous ice-lollies are great for kids’ immune system and tummies – the mango is bursting with vitamin A and C and the blueberries contain antibacterial and antiviral properties. The flax will help to keep them regular and the kefir will boost up their gut microbiome.
Lactobacillus in the kefir is an important building block for creating acetylcholine for learning and a good memory, as well as the brain neurotransmitter GABA to help keep your kids chilled-out and worry free!
Suitable from 6 months of age upwards, you can make mini versions of these ice-lollies for teething babies too.
Get our lovely Healthy Bites newsletter each week!
Each week, you’ll get an amazing recipe, a useful health tip, and an ingredient to jazz up your shopping basket! We don’t share your details with anyone else.
Mango & Blueberry Kefir Ice Lollies
- Smoosh the mango, 2 tablespoons of kefir and the flax in a blender for a 45-60 seconds until smooth.
- Spoon in 2 teaspoons of the mango mixture into the bottom of an ice-lolly mould and then push 2-3 half blueberries into the mango.
- Spoon in 2 teaspoons of kefir and again push in 2 or 3 blueberries into this layer.
- Spoon in a final 2 teaspoons of mango mixture on top of the kefir to make a third layer and again add 2 to 3 blueberries to this layer.
- Leave to Freeze for at least 3 hours before consuming.
- Swap kefir to Greek yoghurt if you can’t get kefir.
- For dairy-free or vegan kids, use coconut yoghurt.
- Can be kept in the freezer for up to 6 months.