Delicious little zesty nibbles, these bliss balls taste delicious and are great for the brain and the immune system. Suitable from 6 months old upwards, these are a winner for the whole family. They make great little after-school nibbles for hungry children.
Get our lovely Healthy Bites newsletter each week!
Each week, you’ll get an amazing recipe, a useful health tip, and an ingredient to jazz up your shopping basket! We don’t share your details with anyone else.
Zesty Lime and Coconut Energy Balls
- Soak the cashew and dates in some boiling water for 10 minutes to soften. Drain the water.
- Place the all the ingredients into your food processor and blend up so it starts to form a ball. If the mixture is too sticky, then add a few extra oats.
- With damp hands shape into walnut-sized balls and then roll in the extra desiccated coconut.
- Pop into the fridge for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days and you can freeze for up to 3 months.
- For nut-free, swap cashews for sunflower seeds, no need to soak.
- For gluten-free, use gluten-free oats.
- Replace lime juice with 1/2 teaspoon tamarind paste for a low histamine option
- These taste yummy eaten straight from the freezer!