These are very moreish, and a brilliant way to introduce celeriac to your tribe. A lovely light dish that you can have as it is or pair with more protein. They are full of goodies that support immunity like garlic and sage. Can be eaten cold in lunch boxes too. Suitable from 6 months old.
Get our lovely Healthy Bites newsletter each week!
Each week, you’ll get an amazing recipe, a useful health tip, and an ingredient to jazz up your shopping basket! We don’t share your details with anyone else.
Sage & Celeriac Fritters
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a medium heat and gently cook the onion and pancetta for about 5 minutes and then add in the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Peel the celeriac and grate the flesh using the coarsest grater option you have.
- Squeeze out any excess liquid from the celeriac.
- Combine all the ingredients together into a large mixing bowl.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan to a medium heat and add a small glug of olive oil.
- Drop one heaped tablespoon of the mixture into the frying pan into a pattie shape.
- Then press down with a spatula so it is flat and cooks evenly. You will probably be able to cook three fritters at a time.
- Cook the patties for 5 minutes each side until brown and crispy.
- Serve with mayonnaise or ketchup and a lovely green salad or broccoli florets.
- Egg-free – use an egg replacement powder such as Orgran
- Stores in the fridge for up to 3 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.