Give broccoli the love that it deserves with this super savoury umami recipe. This is a perfect recipe for anyone who says they don’t like broccoli and I bet they will become a convert!
Broccoli is the original “superfood” – packed full of fibre, vitamins and minerals and the important polyphenols sulphoraphane and indole-3-carbinol which may support hormones and protect against cancer.
Gently roasted in the oven in a sesame-garlicky dressing, the broccoli flavour mellows without over-softening the texture. This makes a fantastic accompaniment to most main courses.
Get our lovely Healthy Bites newsletter each week!
Each week, you’ll get an amazing recipe, a useful health tip, and an ingredient to jazz up your shopping basket! We don’t share your details with anyone else.
Roasted Asian Broccoli
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ (fan).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sesame oil, soya sauce and crushed garlic. Set aside.
- Prepare the broccoli by chopping it into florets. Place into a roasting tin and pour over the dressing, tossing well to ensure each piece of broccoli is coated.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, giving the roasting tin a good shake half way through to make sure the broccoli cooks evenly. When the broccoli is cooked transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Check the soya sauce is gluten-free such as Clearspring Tamari if necessary.
- Any leftovers can be mashed and added to another dish such as an omelette.