We love the vibrant green of this soup! It is perfectly warming and nourishing on chilly days, and is brought to life with a hint of horseradish.
It’s packed with protein and fibre from both the peas and the cannellini beans and should fill up hungry tummies for a few hours afterwards. Cashews make this soup lovely and creamy. The fresh chicken stock is gut soothing and immune supporting; and there is natural folate and iron from the leeks, beans, watercress and peas.
This soup makes a perfect hug in a mug!
Get our lovely Healthy Bites newsletter each week!
Each week, you’ll get an amazing recipe, a useful health tip, and an ingredient to jazz up your shopping basket! We don’t share your details with anyone else.
Cosy Pea & Watercress Soup
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep pan over a medium heat. Add the sliced leeks, and fry for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add the stock, cannellini beans, cashew nuts, frozen peas, watercress, horseradish, salt and pepper. Bring up to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Blend thoroughly to make a smooth, thick soup.
- Serve swirled with a little extra creamed horseradish for an extra kick, or with a little yoghurt for children.
- The texture of this soup is thick so it is easy for kids to eat, you could make it thinner with an extra 250ml of chicken stock.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.