A delicious and quick family pasta supper with a lovely zingy taste that includes lots of lovely greens and omega 3 rich salmon.
Get our lovely Healthy Bites newsletter each week!
Each week, you’ll get an amazing recipe, a useful health tip, and an ingredient to jazz up your shopping basket! We don’t share your details with anyone else.
Zesty & Creamy Salmon Pasta
- 500 g Pasta
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Salmon fillets
- 5 Spring onions
- 2 handfuls Kale (finely chopped baby kale or use baby spinach)
- 200 g Frozen petite pois (defrosted by pouring boiling water on them in a bowl)
- 1 large sprig Dill (finely chopped)
- 1 large sprig Parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 Lemon (zest & juice)
- 200 g Crème Fraiche
- Salt (for older children & adults)
- Black pepper
- Parmesan cheese (grated to decorate)
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions on the packet.
- In the meantime, pour the olive oil into a large non-stick frying pan and heat to a medium heat.
- Carefully place the salmon fillets into the frying pan and a minute later add in 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and steam for 10 minutes until it is cooked through.
- Break up the cooked salmon into pieces and stir into the pasta with the rest of the ingredients except the parmesan cheese.
- Stir well so that the pasta is evenly covered with the creamy sauce and herbs.
- Spoon into bowls and grate parmesan over the pasta.
- Gluten-Free: Swap to gluten-free pasta
- Dairy-Free: Use oat cream or silken tofu instead of crème fraiche and vegan hard cheese instead of parmesan
- To lower histamine swap crème fraiche for cream and swap lemon zest for 1/2 teaspoon of sumac. Swap parmesan for freshly grated mozzarella.