This delicious pâté reminds me of sunny holidays in Portugal where they often serve sardine pâté as a starter in restaurants. And the good news is that it doesn’t taste too fishy, as the sundried tomatoes balance out the strong sardine flavour. This is a perfect recipe for getting healthy brainy omega-3 fats into fussy eaters!
It makes a yummy and nutritious filling for lunchbox wraps and sandwiches. You can also serve this nourishing pâté slathered on toast at breakfast time or as a dip with crunchy vegetable batons or crackers for a snack. Stuffing sticks of celery with this pâté is another serving idea.
Get our lovely Healthy Bites newsletter each week!
Each week, you’ll get an amazing recipe, a useful health tip, and an ingredient to jazz up your shopping basket! We don’t share your details with anyone else.
Portuguese Tomato & Sardine Pâté
- Drain the sardines and sun-dried tomatoes from the oil they are preserved in, then pop them into a small blender with the cream cheese and the lemon juice.
- Blend until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- It is then ready to serve!
- Dairy-free: switch the cream cheese to an almond or cashew plant-based cream cheese.
- If you like a bit more of a lemony zing, then use some lemon zest in the mixture.
- Store any leftovers covered in the fridge and use within 3 days.