These soft scrambled eggs with a touch of salty feta are packed with delicious green veggies. The fun green colour comes from the addition of spring onions, green pepper, spinach and parsley which not only look and taste fantastic but also gives you a scrumptious balanced meal.
If you are stuck finding a high protein breakfast packed with veggies, then this will be a winner for you. Imagine a delicious breakfast packed with all the goodies you need to keep you satiated until lunchtime? This is a great recipe for busy people, as it can be on your plate in about 10 minutes.
Packed with folate, the eggs and greens should give your energy levels a lovely boost. Perfect for breakfast or a quick lunch or supper.
Get our lovely Healthy Bites newsletter each week!
Each week, you’ll get an amazing recipe, a useful health tip, and an ingredient to jazz up your shopping basket! We don’t share your details with anyone else.
Loaded Green Scrambled Eggs
- Slice the spring onions and dice the green pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the spring onions, diced green pepper and chopped spinach. Cook for a three minutes.
- Then add in the egg mixture and scatter with the feta. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the egg is lightly cooked.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve with your choice of toast or eat these green scrambled eggs on their own.
- This is much nicer if the eggs are not over-cooked, so watch the pan carefully and take it off the heat the second you see the eggs are cooked. They cook a little more in the residual heat anyway.
- If you don’t like feta cheese, use a cheese with a milder flavour such as cheddar or gouda.
- Play around with adding other vegetables to this dish. You could even have fun making other colours: red with tomato, red pepper, red onion and paprika; yellow with yellow peppers, chopped cauliflower and sweetcorn.
- Egg-free use 55g silken tofu per egg (220g for two people) plus ¼ teaspoon of turmeric to colour it yellow.
- Dairy-free use vegan feta, a plant-based milk and organic vegan spread instead of butter. You can add in a couple of tablespoons of chickpeas to add in some extra protein. You might need some extra salt and pepper to enhance the taste.
- Always eat these eggs as soon as you cook this recipe, as it does not store that well.