A simple and hearty all-in-one family traybake, packed with vegetables, butter beans and delicious herbs and spices. A brilliant recipe you can throw together, pop in the oven and that’s about it!
Serve on its own or with brown rice and a crunchy green salad. Suitable from 3 years plus.
Get our lovely Healthy Bites newsletter each week!
Each week, you’ll get an amazing recipe, a useful health tip, and an ingredient to jazz up your shopping basket! We don’t share your details with anyone else.
Chicken & Chorizo Traybake
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan).
- Prepare the vegetables. Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into 2.5cm chunks. De-seed the peppers and chop into similar size pieces. Finally slice the fennel again roughly in quite large pieces. Peel and then cut the red onion into 8 wedges. Halve the oranges.
- Next slice the chorizo, score the chicken thighs, drain and rinse the butter beans.
- Add everything into a large roasting tin.
- In a small bowl, mix the fennel seeds, Mediterranean seasoning, sweet smoked paprika and olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper. Pour into the roasting tin and toss everything together well.
- Roast for 45 minutes, until everything is cooked through, golden and bubbling.
- Squeeze the orange juice from the oranges over the meat and vegetables (being careful not to burn your fingers) and serve.
- If you can’t get Mediterranean seasoning (I use Barts), switch to Herbes de Provence, dried mixed herbs or oregano.
- Add a ½ – 1 teaspoon cayenne and spicy chorizo for older kids and adults who like a bit of kick to their food.
- Switch the chorizo for chunks of halloumi or feta cheese to change things up.