Asian chicken noodle soup is a brilliant winter supper for you and your children. Kids adore noodles and this recipe is so yummy that my daughter usually eats two bowls! It also takes less than ten minutes to make and you can add in other vegetables if you prefer. Full of vegetable goodness: red peppers, spiralized carrot, spring onions, kale, ginger and a dash of chilli. All in a base of gut healing and immune boosting chicken bone broth. This soup will certainly keep the bad bugs at bay during the dark winter months.
I am always encouraging parents to give their children plenty of bone broths, as kids need masses of minerals to feed their growing bodies and brains. This is one of the core foods that I encourage parents to regularly give their kids to keep them healthy during the winter. You can read more in my recent blog six ways to keep your kids happy and healthy during the winter months
Bone broth contains high amounts of the amino acid glycine, which may help to increase attention and improve focus in children. It may also enhance memory and mood, so this is why bone broth is such a perfect brain food. When you add noodles, crunchy vegetables, herbs and spices to bone broth it turns the broth into a gorgeous warming bowl of deliciousness.
We use rice noodles in this Asian chicken noodle soup recipe and you can use which ones suit your family best. Sometimes we have white rice vermicelli noodles but usually we include brown rice noodles such as King Soba. We may use buckwheat noodles instead, which the kids also love.
Get our lovely Healthy Bites newsletter each week!
Each week, you’ll get an amazing recipe, a useful health tip, and an ingredient to jazz up your shopping basket! We don’t share your details with anyone else.
Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- 250 grams Rice noodles (brown) King Soba or rice vermicelli
- 125 grams Chicken Cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- 500 ml Chicken bone broth Home-made (always keep some in the freezer)
- 3 Spring onions Slice finely
- 1/2 Pepper (red) Slice into small pieces
- 100 grams Kale Remove any hard stalks.
- 1 Carrot Spiralise or use a wide potato peeler to make thin strips.
- Ginger Thumb sized piece peeled and chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons Tamari soya sauce
- 1/2 Chilli (red) Chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons Coriander
- Lime Optional
- Boil a kettle of water. Add the noodles to a large bowl and pour on the boiled water. Leave for 3-7 minutes until soft.
- Slowly heat up the chicken bone broth.
- Add in all the ingredients except the coriander leaves and lime and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add noodles to the broth, chicken and vegetables and then pour into bowls.
- Sprinkle on the coriander and squeeze some lime on the top. Add extra chilli if you like your soup spicy.
- To lower histamine swap lime juice for a teaspoon of sumac or tamarind paste and omit the soya sauce