This is one of my kids’ favourite salads. Zesty carrot apple salad is clean, fresh and crunchy with a lovely lemon tang. It is very easy to make, and because it does not wilt like green salads, you can dress the salad in the morning (or even the night before) and it is still lovely and crunchy for their lunch boxes.
The sliced almonds give some protein and healthy fats to make this quite a substantial salad. Swap to sunflower seeds if allergic to nuts.
Get our lovely Healthy Bites newsletter each week!
Each week, you’ll get an amazing recipe, a useful health tip, and an ingredient to jazz up your shopping basket! We don’t share your details with anyone else.
Zesty Carrot & Apple Salad
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in one large salad bowl.
- Blend up the dressing ingredients separately in a glass jar and shake vigorously.
- Pour the dressing onto the salad and combine well.
- Try to use organic ingredients wherever you can.
- I grate carrots in our Magimix, which just takes seconds.
- To lower histamine swap lemon juice for one-two teaspoons of sumac powder.