If you love making your own granola, then this is the recipe for you. This is a perfect granola to eat throughout the winter with seasonal juicy cranberries, fragrant cinnamon and tasty orange zest. Serve with warm milk on colder days or sprinkle onto Greek yoghurt as a crunchy topping.
This recipe is very filling and is packed with calcium and zinc from the oats, almonds and tahini. It is also naturally dairy-free, vegan and easy to make gluten-free. Suitable from 3 years upwards.
A jar of this crunchy granola also makes a lovely festive present!
Get our lovely Healthy Bites newsletter each week!
Each week, you’ll get an amazing recipe, a useful health tip, and an ingredient to jazz up your shopping basket! We don’t share your details with anyone else.
Orange & Cranberry Granola
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (fan), and line a large baking tray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, orange zest, cinnamon, and sea salt. Add the olive oil, tahini and maple syrup, and stir well. Pour the mixture onto the prepared tray, spreading it out well. Bake for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden.
- Add the almonds half-way through the cooking – whole for adults, finely chopped for children.
- At the end of the 40 minutes, it will still feel quite soft, but don’t worry the granola will crisp up as it cools.
- Set aside to cool, then add the cranberries. Decant into jars and tie with ribbon, if it’s for a present.
- This recipe will make approximately 560g of granola; enough to fill 2 x 500ml jars or 1 x 1 litre jar.
- Gluten-free: use gluten-free oats, flaked quinoa or buckwheat groats
- Nut-free: omit the almonds and add in more pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds
- Sesame-free: use cashew nut butter or sunflower seed butter
- This granola lasts for up to 3 months if stored in a glass jar.