These are zesty and creamy dairy-free little pots of goodness with three simple ingredients. They are delicious for anyone, but this recipe is a total winner if you need to make a quick, delicious and filling pudding for your dairy-free/egg free/vegan friends. Also, they have a brilliant natural boost of protein, healthy fat, magnesium, vitamin C and zinc.
Get our lovely Healthy Bites newsletter each week!
Each week, you’ll get an amazing recipe, a useful health tip, and an ingredient to jazz up your shopping basket! We don’t share your details with anyone else.
Lemon Cashew Puds
- Soak the cashew nuts in a bowl of water for at least 3 hours (this can be overnight). Drain the water and pop the cashew nuts into a mini high-speed food processor or blender. Grate in the lemon zest and squeeze in the lemon juice. Then pour in the maple syrup.
- Whizz up the mix in the food processor for at least 2 minutes until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Stop the blade and scrape down the sides a couple of times during this time.
- Use a silicon spatula to scrape out the lemony cashew mixture into two ramekins and grate over a little more lemon zest.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Suitable for all ages – swap the maple syrup for pear puree when feeding a baby under 12 months.
- Nut-free: use Belazau light tahini (sesame paste) which is speedier, as this is blended already and no need to soak.