Tahini Bread is a totally AMAZING fluffy bread that is gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, sugar-free, yeast-free AND nut-free! This ticks many boxes for several free-from special diets and it tastes wonderful. The bitterness sometimes associated with tahini does not feature in this bread, so it will appeal to even the fussiest of eaters. I am extremely excited to share this grain-free tahini bread recipe with you, as I have been wheat-free for over 20 years, and this is the closest I have come to delicious and nutritious bread that is filling and highly digestable.
This wonderful grain-free tahini bread is made from a whole jar of sesame paste, commonly known as tahini and you find it in the Greek/Cypriot section of your supermarket. Sesame seeds contain a great deal of calcium which kids need when they are growing to build strong bones. These little power seeds are also full of magnesium, copper and zinc that are all needed to support optimal health. Sesame seeds are also very protein dense and are rich in omega 3, which is one of the building blocks for a sharp brain and upbeat mood. Sesame seeds are also naturally rich in gentle dietary fibre and so are also beneficial for gut health. This grain-free tahini bread is sure to be a winner in your household, each slice is very filling so a small loaf will last quite a few days. It toasts beautfully and it works well both with sweet and savoury toppings.
Get our lovely Healthy Bites newsletter each week!
Each week, you’ll get an amazing recipe, a useful health tip, and an ingredient to jazz up your shopping basket! We don’t share your details with anyone else.
Grain-Free Tahini Bread
- Heat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Blend or stir all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Line a small 1/2 pound bread tin with parchment paper.
- Pour the bread mixture into the lined bread tin.
- Sprinkle some pumpkin seeds on top of the bread if you like some crunch to your bread (optional).
- Pop the bread mixture into a 180 degree oven for 35-40 minutes until cooked through.
- Cool, slice and serve as bread. This can also be toasted very easily.