This vibrant smoothie recipe is packed with taste and nutrition. It is made using dried Dragon Fruit powder, known as Pink Pitaya powder, which tastes like a cross between a pear and a kiwi fruit. The unique bright pink colour will cheer up your breakfast and tastes absolutely amazing. This smoothie is also packed with calcium- rich almonds, and omega-3-rich hulled hemp seeds and is balanced with a family-friendly protein powder. It’s also tip-top for your immunity and brainio and kids love it.
Dragon fruit contains good levels of vitamin C as well as iron, so it’s a perfect choice for anyone who needs a plant-based iron boost – pink pitaya powder is ideal if you are pale and tired and susceptible to low iron blood levels. It also contains plenty of fibre and magnesium which are both gut-friendly and help to bolster the diversity of the gut microbiome. Dragon fruit powder also contains the antioxidants beta-carotene, lycopene and betalain which can help to repair cells damaged by infection or inflammation. It is a low-histamine fruit.
This recipe is suitable for babies from 6 months old, served as a smoothie bowl or frozen and made into an ice lolly.
Get our lovely Healthy Bites newsletter each week!
Each week, you’ll get an amazing recipe, a useful health tip, and an ingredient to jazz up your shopping basket! We don’t share your details with anyone else.
Dragon Fruit Smoothie
- Simply whizz all the ingredients together in a blender and serve!
- I love Purition Protein Powder as Purition only use super-pure wholefood ingredients with no added nasties, and they taste great when used as an ingredient in smoothies, baking and porridges. You can use vanilla, macadamia and vanilla or strawberry flavours in this recipe. These protein powders come in a whey protein original form and also have a dairy-free vegan range. They all contain almonds and sesame so use Wild Nutriton Protein Powder if you need an allergen-free option.
- To lower the histamine further, switch the banana for fresh or frozen mango or papaya
- This smoothie stores well in the fridge for up to 12 hours.
- Freeze leftovers into ice-lolly moulds and store for up to 3 months.