These wraps are a brilliant grain-free alternative to traditional wheat-based wraps. As well as being delicious they are packed with courgettes, ground almonds, eggs and seed and are wonderfully filling and nourishing.
These courgette wraps are surprisingly flexible and hold together nicely due to the mozzarella. They are lots of fun for family mealtimes, with everyone getting stuck-in to fill their own wraps.
They are delicious served with any of your favourite wrap fillings. For a family meal, try filling with roasted sweet potatoes, a tin of black beans (drained and rinsed), sliced peppers and avocado, sour cream, and fresh lime. I also love filling them with some meat or veggie-based chilli.
Suitable for all ages, including young babies from 6 months who are following baby-led weaning
Get our lovely Healthy Bites newsletter each week!
Each week, you’ll get an amazing recipe, a useful health tip, and an ingredient to jazz up your shopping basket! We don’t share your details with anyone else.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan) and line two baking trays with non-stick silicone baking sheets.
- Grate the courgettes, put into a tea towel and squeeze to remove as much liquid as possible.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the grated courgette, grated mozzarella, ground almonds, beaten eggs, ground flax seeds, herbs and seasoning – stir together until well mixed.
- Use an ice-cream scoop, measure a scoopful of mixture on to the prepared trays, then use your fingers to flatten the scoop into a thin, flat round wrap. Repeat to fit 3-4 on each tray.
- Bake the wraps for approx. 25 minutes until golden brown, and set aside to cool.
- Repeat until the mixture is all used up!
- Try this lovely Linwoods Milled Organic Flax blended with sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds
- Egg-free, use 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour mixed with 3 tablespoons of water
- Nut-free switch ground almonds to ground sunflower seeds or spelt flour
- Dairy-free, use a vegan mozzarella alternative
- Store covered in the fridge for 2 days or in the freezer stored between baking sheets for up to 3 months.