A naturally sweet and creamy chocolate smoothie sweetened with dates, banana and vanilla. This is yummy slurped through a straw at breakfast, mid-morning or after a busy day at school. A perfect way to give your cheeky monkeys a sweet chocolatey drink without a big sugar rush!
Get our lovely Healthy Bites newsletter each week!
Each week, you’ll get an amazing recipe, a useful health tip, and an ingredient to jazz up your shopping basket! We don’t share your details with anyone else.
Cheeky Monkey Chocolate Smoothie
- Place all ingredients into a blender and whizz up until smooth (around a minute)
- If using ice, add to blender and whizz again or pour the smoothie over the ice in a glass.
- Nut-free: swap almond butter to tahini sesame paste, sunflower seeds or hulled hemp seeds.
- If you are a nut eater try other nut butters with added health benefits such as Resilient Nutrition Calm or Rebuild.
- If looking to boost this smoothie with extra protein, then add 4 teaspoons of vanilla, chocolate or neutral-tasting protein powder.
- This smoothie is also a great way to hide any food supplements you’d like to get into your little monkeys! Simply blend them in with the other ingredients and they will never know.
- If using non-dairy milk, aim to use calcium-fortified where possible. Use coconut milk out of a carton rather than a tin.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 24 hours