We have created these apricot and pumpkin seed bliss ball snacks for busy mums who need easy and healthy snacks to feed their tribe. These little balls of goodness are perfect for lunch boxes and you can also pop them in your kids snack boxes when you pick them up from their busy day at school. These mini snack balls have a base of oats and are lovely, soft and easy to eat. They are so soft you can even try them on babies from 9 months who are eating finger foods and teenagers with orthodentic braces!
Finding healthy and yummy snacks for children is one of the biggest challenge for mums. Kids growing fast need regular fuel and most shop-bought snacks are full of sugar and other unwanted ingredients. The healthier options from shops can be very expensive and not that filling or nutritious. It is also difficult to source snacks to suit those with allergies and food sensitivities, so this is why these apricot and pumpkin seed snacks are nut free, gluten free, dairy free, soya free and egg free.
Organic and unsulphured apricots have a lovely caramel taste and are much more natural than the bright orange ones preserved with sulphur. Dried apricots are full or iron, potassium, vitamin A and fibre, so give way more nutritional goodness than just sweetness.
Pumpkin seeds are power houses of nutrition containing magnesium, iron, manganese, immune boosting zinc, plant based omega 3 and typtophan which can encourage a restful sleep!
Get our lovely Healthy Bites newsletter each week!
Each week, you’ll get an amazing recipe, a useful health tip, and an ingredient to jazz up your shopping basket! We don’t share your details with anyone else.
Apricot & Pumpkin Seed Snacks
- Chop the apricots into small cubes.
- Place all your ingredients, except for half the chopped apricots and 5 grams of the pumpkin seeds into your high speed blender. Blend for 1 minute, stopping every 20 seconds to push any mixture stuck on the sides back into the centre.
- Add the retained apricots and pumpkin seeds and blend again for 2-3 seconds.
- Form into balls by pushing the mixutre into the palm of your hand.
- Place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes as this helps the mixture to stick together so there are less crumbs.