Chicken nuggets are one of the staple foods for children in the UK. In most cases they are made from low quality chicken and coated in refined white flour, making them a poor choice for growing brains. Here is a recipe for yummy Paleo chicken nuggets. Paleo means that these nuggets are naturally gluten free and grain free, and are much more nutritious than shop bought options.
The organic chicken is dipped in organic eggs and then rolled in ground almonds, tapioca and some lovely Mediterranean herbs. The come out lovely and crunchy and are delicious dipped in Paleo tomato ketchup.
You can eat these yummy chicken bites, hot at supper time, or cold in a lunch box. You can include these nuggets in a picnic when out and about.
- 2 Chicken Breasts skinned
- 1 Egg
- 85 grams Ground Almonds about half a cup
- 50 grams Tapioca Flour about half a cup
- 2 teaspoons Mediterranean Herbs (mixed) We like Barts
- Peppercorns (black, ground)
- Cut the chicken into large chunks.
- Mix the egg in small bowl with a fork so egg white and yolk are combined.
- Blend the ground almonds, tapioca flour, herbs, salt and pepper together in a separate bowl.
- Dip the chicken in the egg and then in the almond/tapioca blend and then place onto an oiled baking tray.
- Cook for 25 minutes in an 180 degree oven, turning once half way through. Take out of the oven when golden brown.
Please always buy organic chicken and organic eggs, even if you are on a low budget.
Such a great recipe. We are on gluten, dairy and grain free diet. So helpful. Will definitely make it. Thank you
Hi Adele. I am thrilled that you are all enjoying them. They are one of out go-to recieps at home! I will be posting more grain-free recipes soon!