Vegetable omelettes are very popular with children. They are a great protein packed bite that can be served hot or cold. This kids three vegetable omelette is incredibly quick and easy to make. Children love the bright traffic-light coloured vegetables as they are gorgeous and sweet. A simple and easy protein and veggie boost!
Since this recipe uses frozen vegetables, you can whizz this recipe up even when your fridge is empty of fresh vegetables. A great recipe to feed hungry tummies when they need food NOW!
A slice of this omelette goes down well at breakfast time and is also a great choice for a lunch box or a quick lunch at home. You can also pop a slice of omelette in a picnic for your children to eat, whilst they are on their way to their after-school activities.
Get our lovely Healthy Bites newsletter each week!
Each week, you’ll get an amazing recipe, a useful health tip, and an ingredient to jazz up your shopping basket! We don’t share your details with anyone else.
Kids Three Vegetable Omelette
- Heat a small frying pan to a medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk with a fork until a little bit frothy.
- Add the vegetables, parsley and seasoning to the egg and mix again briefly.
- Pour into the frying pan and cook for about 4 minutes until the omelette is cooked on the bottom.
- Place the frying pan under a hot grill and grill until the omelette is cooked through and the top is nicely browned.
- Try and use organic ingredients, especially the eggs and sweetcorn.