Here’s a super recipe for chicken liver pate that hits all the spots. You can use it as a healthy dip or slather it on your favourite toast. Liver is so full of nutrition, plus you get a little fruity kick from the apple.
We absolutely lap this up at home, and I think your family will too! Some of it goes into the freezer for next time. Yum.
Get our lovely Healthy Bites newsletter each week!
Each week, you’ll get an amazing recipe, a useful health tip, and an ingredient to jazz up your shopping basket! We don’t share your details with anyone else.
Appley Chicken Liver Pate
- Heat up 1 tbsp of the butter or ghee in a frying pan. Fry the onion until it is translucent.
- Add the livers and cook for 2/3 minutes on each side.
- Stir in the garlic, most of the thyme, apple juice and apple, and cook for a minute.
- Put it all into the food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Then add the other tbsp of butter/ghee and whizz up again.
- Pour into a jar or small bowl. Pop the remaining thyme on top.
- Melt the final tbsp of butter/ghee and pour over the top. Leave to cool.
- I put into two tubs, one I freeze and the other is ready to go.
- Eat within TWO days of making if not freezing and after freezing. Usually, meat has a three-day grace, but with this pate, that is shortened.
- To make it dairy-free we love using Tiana Spreadable as this contains some healthy dairy-free oils. You can also try organic dairy-free spread.