Almonds and cinnamon make the most wonderful taste combination and these biscotti are sure to be a win in your kitchen.
A grain-free and gluten-free version of traditional Italian biscotti, using ground almonds instead of flour, they are high in protein and calcium. Sweetened only with honey, cinnamon and vanilla.
Get our lovely Healthy Bites newsletter each week!
Each week, you’ll get an amazing recipe, a useful health tip, and an ingredient to jazz up your shopping basket! We don’t share your details with anyone else.
Almond & Cinnamon Grain-Free Biscotti
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (conventional oven, do not use the fan in this recipe) and line a baking tray with a silicon liner or baking paper.
- Gently melt the butter in a small saucepan and allow to cool. Once the butter has cooled, pour into a large mixing bowl with the egg, honey and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- In another mixing bowl, measure the ground almonds, flaked almonds, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Pour the almond mixture into the egg mixture and stir to create a sticky dough.
- Spoon the dough onto the prepared tray and create a smooth oblong shape; approximately 25cm x 8cm and 1.5cm deep. This is easier when your hands are slightly wet!
- Bake the oblong for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Cut the oblong into 12 strips, using a large sharp knife in a short downward motion. Cut the two short ends off to create an even shape. Turn the strips onto their sides and bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 60°C (conventional oven, do not use the fan) and bake the biscotti for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
- Dairy-free: Swap the butter for an alternative plant-based spread such as Naturli Organic Vegan Spreadable.
- Store these biscotti in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.