These Almond Butter Chocolate Cookies are the perfect combination of sweet and salty, and with a little chocolate button on top, they are pure cookie heaven! Crunchy on the outside and a little gooey in the middle, these cookies are dreamy and so easy to make. You can have them baked and ready to eat in only 8 minutes.
This almond butter chocolate cookie recipe is so good, that you and your tribe will be coming back for more and more. I bet no one would believe these contain no refined sugar, flour, dairy or eggs and are 100% plant-based! These cookies are so soft and chewy because I use almond butter.
Get our lovely Healthy Bites newsletter each week!
Each week, you’ll get an amazing recipe, a useful health tip, and an ingredient to jazz up your shopping basket! We don’t share your details with anyone else.
Almond Butter Chocolate Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the ground almonds, cocoa powder and salt, and mix together.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces, rolling each piece into a ball. Place onto the baking tray and squish down with a fork to flatten. Top with either a chocolate button, a square of chocolate and/or a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes (depending on the heat of your oven), and cool before serving.
- Nut-free – swap the almond butter for light tahini (sesame paste) or sunflower butter.
- These cookies will keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
- They can also be made ahead and frozen; leave to defrost for 15 minutes before eating.