These ice lollies will bring your little ones so much joy over the summer months – delicious zingy apple, raspberry and mint ice lollies infused with chamomile and cucumber. They are the most beautiful summery ice lollies to cool down hot and bothered little ones.
I made this simple recipe for very young children and babies who are teething, as chamomile is a traditional teething remedy. Cucumber and mint are also lovely and cooling on sore gums.
Chamomile is also very calming for children and it naturally contains the neurotransmitter GABA, which can help with sleep and also help melt worries away. GABA also helps to balance cranky, hyper and wired kids after eating too many ultra-processed foods.
Gut friendly too, it helps to settle a sore or windy tummy. It is also a brilliant source of calcium for dairy-free kids, and research has found chamomile flowers build strong bones. Suitable for all ages from 6 months upwards.
- 240 ml Cloudy Apple Juice
- 1 Chamomile Tea Bag
- 0.25 Cucumber (peeled)
- 0.5 Lemon Juice juice from half a lemon
- 6 Raspberries
- 6 Mint Leaves
- Heat the apple juice so it is simmering and add the chamomile tea bag. Let is simmer for 5 minutes and then turn off the heat and let the chamomile tea bag steep in the apple juice for 10 minutes so it infuses the chamomile into the juice, and it also cools.
- Once the infused juice has cooled down, remove the tea bag giving it a quick squeeze to ensure you get all lovely benefits of the chamomile into the juice.
- Then pour the liquid into a blender with the lemon juice and cucumber and blend for 10-20 seconds to blend everything up. If you have a tiny baby, or fussy eater you can also add the mint and raspberries at this point too.
- Pour the liquid carefully into the ice lolly moulds, and then for kids over 12 months, carefully pop some chopped raspberry pieces and slivers of mint leaves into each one. Push them down into the ice lolly mould with the lolly stick to they are evenly distributed.
- Place the ice lolly moulds on a small try of flat surface in your freezer for about 3 hours until fully frozen. Store in a bag the freezer for up to 3 months.
I recommend you use this delicious organic Pukka Three Chamomile tea for this recipe which is super delicious.
Looks great. If I leave the raspberries out is this suitable for a low histamine diet?
Yes you can replace the raspberries with blueberries and omit the lemon juice
Hey Lucinda, which brand of cloudy apple juice do you use?
I love Pip Organic!