Who else absolutely loves the combination of rosemary and smoked paprika? Combine these wonderful culinary herbs with nuts and roast them to make a wonderful snack or some special nibbles to share with friends over evening drinks.
Roasting your own nuts is such a cinch and you can really enjoy adding herbs and spices to bring their taste alive. These sweet and smoky nuts are a delicious nibble to eat all year round.
One idea is to make a batch and decant the roasted nuts into jars for a lovely homemade present. They are naturally plant-based, gluten and dairy free.
- 500 g Mixed Nuts
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 3 tsp Rosemary (dried)
- 3 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan), and line a large baking tray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients, and stir well until all of the nuts are evenly coated.
- Pour the nuts onto the prepared tray, spreading them out well. Roast for 15 minutes, until golden brown. Be careful to check the nuts regularly (every 5 minutes) and shake them a little, as the nuts can catch and burn quite easily.
- Set aside to cool.
- If these are being given as presents, decant into jars and tie with ribbon. This recipe will fill 4 x 350ml jars.
- Decant into jars and store in a cupboard for up to 3 months.
- Avoid giving whole roasted nuts to young children due to the choking risk.