Here is a simple wonderful chicken and potato tray bake that makes a winning family dinner! Simple seasonal apple butter lends a fantastic natural sweetness to the marinade for these tasty chicken thighs, making them extra sticky and delicious!
Serve this with vibrant green veggies tossed in butter! And you’ll have the perfect supper as the evenings start to get a bit chillier. Even better, have it with my tangy apple slaw for lunch the next day.
- 150 g Apple Butter (click the link to see the easy recipe)
- 1 tbsp Thyme (fresh, chopped)
- 1 tbsp Mustard (wholegrain)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 kg Chicken Thighs (skin-on)
- 750 g Potatoes (baby/new)
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan.
- In a large mixing bowl, make the marinade by mixing the apple butter, thyme, mustard, olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Score the skin on the chicken thighs and add to the mixing bowl, thoroughly rubbing the marinade all over each piece of chicken.
- Cut the potatoes in half, pop into a large roasting tray and toss with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.
- Add the chicken thighs to the roasting tray, and roast for around 45 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the chicken is deeply golden and crispy, and the potatoes are cooked.
- Store in the fridge for up to three days.
- Great for leftovers the next day with my tangy apple slaw.