A yummy dip made from caramelised onion and cannellini beans. Not just for Halloween, this works well in lunch boxes and for after-school snacks with lots of crunchy veg sticks and crackers. It’s allergen-free, so it is great for a big Halloween party, and no one misses out!
- 1 Red Onion (small)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 400 g Cannellini Beans (tinned)
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tsp Dried Onion Granules
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Plastic Spider (optional)
- Slowly cook the red onion on a low heat for at least 15 minutes to let it caramelise. The longer the better! Add the red wine vinegar for the last minute.
- Drain most of the water from the cannellini beans and pop in a blender.
- Crush in the garlic, and add the onion granules and cooked onion mixture including all the oil and vinegar.
- Blend up and season to taste. You may want to add a little more vinegar or olive oil at this point.
- Use a silicone spatula to put the dip mixture into a small bowl.
- Add spiders to taste!
- Stores in the fridge for three days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.