A creamy and nourishing chicken recipe, with an Italian twist. A perfect family meal or to share with friends. Serve with steamed green veg and rice, pasta, mashed potatoes, or sweet potato wedges.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 Red Onion (small, finely diced)
- 1 Leek (finely diced)
- 1 stick Celery (finely diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 6 Sage Leaves
- 0.5 Nutmeg (finely grated)
- 300 g Chicken Breast (cut into chunks, you can use skinless thighs)
- 200 g Smoked Bacon Lardons
- 400 g Cannellini Beans (or similar from a tin)
- 250 g Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 handful Kale (finely chopped)
- 20 g Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat the olive oil and butter to a medium heat in a large saucepan and add the finely diced onion, leek and celery. Cook for 3 or 4 minutes, add the garlic, sage and nutmeg and cook for another minute.
- Turn up the heat and add in the lardons and chicken pieces and cook until the chicken is slightly browned on the outside.
- Add in the cannellini beans, mascarpone cheese, as well as some salt and pepper to taste. Then turn the heat down to a gentle simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the finely chopped kale half-way through.
- Once the chicken pieces have cooked through, transfer the mixture into a baking dish. Then grate on the parmesan and pop in a 200C oven for 15 minutes to brown on top.
- Dairy-free: switch butter for one additional tablespoon of olive oil, use cashew or almond cheese instead of mascarpone and yeast flakes instead of parmesan.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Oooh sounds delicious. Will make this this week. X