Christmas gatherings are hard to navigate when you don’t want to drink alcohol, or you don’t want the kids bouncing off the walls, full of fizzy drinks or cordials. This alcohol-free alternative to mulled wine has lovely Christmas spices and the naturally sweet apple juice will make a healthier alternative for your family and guests.
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a low boil.
- Once boiling reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the spices if desired, or strain into a jug.
- Pour into heat-proof glasses or mugs with handles as it will be hot!
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Can be stored in an airtight bottle in the fridge for 2-3 days and can be reheated.
- Star Anise tea should be avoided whilst breastfeeding