Zesty and sweet, these little no-bake squares of goodness are brilliant at filling up hungry tummies. Perfect for an after-school snack or for when you are in a rush on the way to school and you need an “all in one” instant breakfast eaten on the hoof.
These oat squares are brilliant for keeping the immune system in check and ready for the back-to-school bugs. They are packed with iron rich apricots, and zinc rich pumpkin seeds and nuts, as well as plenty of vitamin C from the orange and lemon juice.
Soft and chewy, these are also suitable for pre-school toddlers and babies from 6 months.
- 100 g Porridge Oats
- 250 g Dried Apricots (ideally natural brown & unsulphured)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 25 g Desiccated Coconut
- 60 g Pumpkin Seeds
- 60 g Pecan Nuts
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 5 tbsp Almond Butter
- 3 tsp Coconut Oil (neutral)
- 1 Lemon (juice & zest)
- 1 Orange (juice & zest)
- Pop all the dry ingredients into a food processor and whizz up until the apricots are chopped finely. This takes around 30 seconds.
- Next add in the vanilla extract, almond butter and coconut oil and whizz up for another 30 seconds.
- Finally, slowly add in the lemon and orange juices and zest until the mixture forms a sticky ball.
- Line a square cake tin with a sheet of baking paper and then pack the oat mixture down into the lined tin with your hands so it is evenly spread and pressed into the corners.
- Pop in the fridge for 45 minutes or freezer for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Slice into 25 squares and devour!
- Naturally dairy, soya, egg-free and vegan. No added refined sugar.
- Nut-free: swap pecans for sunflower seeds and almond butter for tahini (sesame spread)
- Gluten-ree: Use gluten-free oats or quinoa flakes
- Store in the fridge for up to a week or bagged in the freezer for up to 3 months.