This is a lovely refreshing drink with an immune kick, brilliant to grab on a hot summer’s day or after sport.
A perfect alternative to sweet fizzy drinks with plenty of vitamin A & C. There is also a sneaky turmeric twist to help reduce inflammation from knocks or bumps.
- 1 Mango
- 3 Oranges
- 0.5 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Honey (if you must!)
- 650 ml Sparkling Water
- 4 sprigs Fresh Mint
- Peel and remove the stone of the mango and cut into chunks and place in a blender.
- Halve and squeeze the juice of the oranges Add to the mango.
- Add in the turmeric to the fruit and blend for 30 seconds until smooth.
- Taste and add a little honey if the mixture is too sour.
- Divide the blended fruit into 4 glasses and top up with sparkling water
- Decorate with a sprig of mint.
- This can be diluted further, and you can also use still water if you prefer.
- Sieve before serving if your kids are fussy and don’t like orange “bits”.
- Suitable from 12 months.
- Vegans can swap to maple syrup.
If you aren't confident about chopping up a mango, this video shows how I do it from 0:38.