More of a quick snack to grab than a complicated recipe, these sticks of celery stuffed with cream cheese and topped with pomegranate make a tasty after-school snack – they also give a slight Christmassy feel to get your kids into the Christmas spirit. A cheery and appealing snack packed with protein and healthy fats and zero refined sugar.
- Clean and trim the celery sticks and cut into 4 or 5 even pieces.
- Carefully fill the celery with cream cheese using a teaspoon.
- Top with pomegranate seeds.
- Aim to buy organic cream cheese or a brand that does not use carrageenan as an ingredient as this is an emulsifier known to promote gut inflammation.
- Swaps: Swap cream cheese for hummus, chicken liver pate or cashew/almond nut cheese
- Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days