This Christmas chocolate fudge recipe is a scrummy and healthy treat for you and your children. This chocolate fudge is gluten-free, dairy-free, cane sugar-free, egg-free and nut-free and make a lovely allergen-free treat for you and your kids over the Christmas period.
This amazing chocolate fudge is very quick and easy to make. You can make it well ahead of Christmas and store it in the freezer. This means that you always have a yummy treat to hand, so your child with allergies or food intolerances never has to miss out. Great to pop in lunch boxes as a little Christmassy treat in the weeks running up to Christmas. You could also use these instead of chocolates in your children’s advent calendars.
Full of delicious and healthy ingredients we have fibre rich dates and protein dense chickpea flour. These chocolate fudge are mixed with a lovely naturally sweet chocolate sauce containing coconut oil, raw cacao powder, coconut palm sugar and vanilla.
- 10 Dates (Pitted)
- 75 grams Chickpea Flour
- 50 ml Coconut Oil Tasteless such as Tiana or Biona cooking coconut oil
- 15 grams Raw Cacao Powder
- 15 grams Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanil We love Ndali
- Soak the dates in water for at least 30 minutes (can be up to 4 hours)
- Melt the coconut oil gently in a saucepan and add the chick pea flour, cacao powder and vanilla powder. Combine well.
- Add the chick pea mixture and the dates to your Nutribullet or high speed blender and blend for about 30 seconds until the dates are blended in nicely. The mixture should be slightly powdery, but soft and spongy enough to press into shapes.
- If you are silicone mould to make fun Christmas shapes then add the mixture to the moulds packing it in quite tightly. If you do not have a silicon mould then just roll into little chocolate fudge balls.
- Pop in the fridge for 30 minutes or freezer for 10 minutes to set.