Wraps are so easy and delicious for lunch or a light supper. These chicken avocado gluten-free wraps are delicious, healthy and incredibly quick to make. You can pop them in a lunch box or take along in a picnic for a quick supper between after school activities. Full of healthy protein and brain boosting fats, with a zingy lime and coriander flavour, these should be a winner with your kids!
You can use leftover chicken from the fridge. We like to sprinkle Mediterranean herbs on fresh chicken breasts and place the herb-covered chicken breasts between two pieces of parchment paper. We then bash the chicken hard with a rolling pin to flatten the breasts. This makes them much quicker to cook. This also allows the gorgeous taste of the herbs to penetrate the chicken faster than marinading. We quickly pan-fry the chicken so it it lovely and brown on the outside and well cooked through in the middle.
Soya-free Veganaise is also dairy-free, egg-free and gluten-free, so a great option for those with allergies. We bought ours in Wholefoods and you may well be able to buy it online if you do not live near a Wholefoods. You could also use Biona organic mayonnaise if you tolerate eggs.
- 3 Gluten-Free Wraps We like BFree or Newburn Bakehouse seeded wraps
- 1 Chicken Breast Cooked in Barts Mediterranean herbs or Herbes de Provence
- 6 teaspoons Veganaise Follow Your Heart Soya-Free or Biona organic mayonnaise
- 9 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Avocado
- Coriander Leaves
- 1 Lime
- Cayenne Pepper If you like a hot kick to your food
- Place a wrap on a plate
- Spread the mayonnaise on the wrap and then place the chicken, avocado and tomatoes in the centre of the wrap.
- Sprinkle on some coriander leaves and a tiny amount of cayenne pepper.
- Squeeze on plenty of fresh lime.
- Roll or fold the wrap and cut in two and serve.