It’s that time of year when the Brussel sprouts come out, but how can you make them more interesting? Here is a quick, easy and yummy Christmas Day recipe where you can pimp up your Brussels with bacon, chestnuts and thyme.
- 1 packet Pancetta (or streaky backon cut into 1" pieces)
- 100 g Roasted Chestnuts (gently broken up)
- 200 g Brussel Sprouts (bottoms chopped off and any loose leaves removed)
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Boil a pan of salted water and add your Brussel sprouts for 5-7 mins. Drain and plunge into iced water. When cooled slice into thin slices.
- Heat up the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the pancetta and thyme until the bacon is nice and crispy. Add your chestnuts and Brussel sprouts and cook until it is all lightly coloured.
- Serve whilst lovely and warm with your turkey or other roast.
- Do not season until you have tasted, it is easy to over salt with bacon.
- To make vegan try swapping the bacon for little cubes of roasted butternut squash
Can I use smth different instead of pancetta, as I don’t eat the pork meat
Hi there – you can use turkey bacon or try the butternut squash version