These Almond Butter Chocolate Cookies are the perfect combination of sweet and salty, and with a little chocolate button on top, they are pure cookie heaven! Crunchy on the outside and a little gooey in the middle, these cookies are dreamy and so easy to make. You can have them baked and ready to eat in only 8 minutes.
This almond butter chocolate cookie recipe is so good, that you and your tribe will be coming back for more and more. I bet no one would believe these contain no refined sugar, flour, dairy or eggs and are 100% plant-based! These cookies are so soft and chewy because I use almond butter.
- 125 g Almond Butter
- 60 ml Maple Syrup
- 0.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 40 g Ground Almonds
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 8 Chocolate Buttons (use dark, milk or white buttons or squares of dark chocolate)
- 0.25 tsp Sea Salt Flakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the ground almonds, cocoa powder and salt, and mix together.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces, rolling each piece into a ball. Place onto the baking tray and squish down with a fork to flatten. Top with either a chocolate button, a square of chocolate and/or a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes (depending on the heat of your oven), and cool before serving.
- Nut-free - swap the almond butter for light tahini (sesame paste) or sunflower butter.
- These cookies will keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
- They can also be made ahead and frozen; leave to defrost for 15 minutes before eating.
Hi, if I use cacao instead of cocoa, would I need to tweak other ingredients – is cacao significantly more bitter than cocoa or the amounts could just be a direct switch and keep everything else the same? Thanks!
Hi Juliet – they taste almost the same – you can add a little more maple syrup if you feel the dough needs more sweetness.
These are WONDERFUL!! So quick and easy to make, delicious, and so nutritious – even my super fussy eater likes them! Brilliant protein snack for the whole family 🙂